1. We recognized that our lives had become a prison.
For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. 2 Peter 2:19
2. We CONSIDERED the fact that it might be the sin in our life that caused this lack of freedom.
"I tell you the truth. Everyone who sins is a slave to sin." John 8:34
3. We CONSIDERED accepting Jesus Christ as our Higher Power.
That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
4. We prayerfully asked Him to take away the desire to continue in this activity that separates us from Him.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
5. We sought through prayer, study, and our small groups, His healing Gospel truth.